Movesets are the central focus of the Make Your Move contests. A moveset is theoretical translation of a character into the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Parts of a Moveset Edit
Traditional Requirements Edit
The following things are generally accepted as being necessary parts of any Make Your Move moveset.
- 1 Standard, or Neutral, Combo
- the attack performed by leaving the control stick in default position and pressing A repeatedly
- 3 Tilt Attacks (the Forward Tilt, the Up Tilt, and the Down Tilt)
- the attacks performed by tilting the control stick to one direction and pressing the A button
- 1 Dash Attack
- the attack performed by pressing the A button while running
- 3 Smash Attacks (the Forward Smash, the Up Smash, and the Down Smash)
- the attacks performed by "tapping" the control stick hard to one direction, while simultaneously pressing the A button
- 5 Aerials (the Neutral Air, the Forward Air, the Backward Air, the Up Air, and the Down Air)
- the attacks performed by pressing A (as well as optionally tilting or tapping the control stick) while airborne
- 4 Special Attacks (the Neutral Special, the Side Special, the Up Special, and the Down Special)
- the attacks normally performed with the B button (and optional tilting or tapping of the control stick)
- 1 Grab, 1 Pummel, 4 Throws
- The attacks accessed by using the Z button, or Shield + A.
- 1 Final Smash
- the attack performed with the B button after your character has broken open a Smash Ball
"Extras" are non-required pieces of information that are sometimes included at the end of a moveset. Some are very common, while others are included by only a few MYMers. The following is a list of some possible extras.
- Victory Poses
- Universe Symbol
- Entrance Animation
- Kirby Hat
- Alternate Colors
- SSE Role
- Solid Snake CODEC Conversation
- Playstyle Summary
- Dojo Update
- Snake Eater Radio Conversation